Benefits of a Manual Toothbrush
Everyone has a manual toothbrush – or two – in their bathroom closet, probably from their last visit to the dentist. Benefits of manual toothbrushes include:
- Inexpensive – you can get a manual toothbrush for just a few dollars in most stores .
- Portable – with no batteries or cords, manual toothbrushes are easy to slip in your travel bag or backpack for brushing on the go.
- Always ready – manual toothbrushes won’t run out of battery life or need recharging.
- Choice & Availability – manual toothbrushes come in different types of bristles, sizes, and colors so you can find one that feels good in your mouth and that you will happily put on your sink. Plus, you can find them at grocery, convenience, and drug stores everywhere, so you don’t have an excuse not to brush!
- You control the brushing – Manual toothbrushes only work when you move them across your teeth. You decide how much pressure to apply, how long to brush, and in what motion. Just be careful – many people apply too much pressure and brush too aggressively, which can be rough on your gums and enamel. If your bristles are pushed apart, that’s a sign to lighten up.
- Easily replaced – when the bristles are frayed or you just got over a bad cold, it’s time for a new brush. Old toothbrushes can be repurposed for cleaning intricate or hard-to-reach-areas, or to scrub your bathroom.